All photography copyright 2010 - Theresa Sismilich - all rights reserved

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Eternal Now


I don't know why, but I have always liked this photo I took in Assisi, Italy in 2008. This was taken in front of the Basilica of Our Lady of the Angels. Like a photo I posted of a nun outside of the Church of St. Mary over Minerva, I just hit it at the right time. These religious are in the world but not of the world. That is the way we should be too. Sunday's Gospel about not worrying over what you are to eat or wear - that God will take care of us because we are of greater value than the birds of the air or lillies of the field - concentrates on just that. We must focus only on God and all will fall into place. Worrying about tomorrow solves nothing. We are guaranteed only now and God is enough for now since He is the Great I AM - the Eternal Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment